• Before posting please review the Sale Rules here...

Macro algae - Halimeda opuntia - First cutting

Esox

TOTM - October 2018
Help Team
Tank of the Month Winner
Feature of the Month Contributor
This is the first time I have had this algae available to cut, having obtained it 9 months ago.

This algae is highly calcified, forming round plates which a thin layer if bright green cells cover.

Growth rate is moderate.

Nutrient control is moderate

Care level is moderate/advanced.

It requires good reef conditions, similar to what you would expect from a tank able to support sps corals, with ample steady levels of calcium, magnesium and alkalinity as well as available nitrate, phosphate and reef lighting. It hates high organics.

You will recieve one frond around 6cm long minimum, showing growth tips. This will need to be either wedged into a rock or held with an elastic band until it produces holdfasts on it's own. Once established the algae is of an easy care level. The trick is establishing it as it hates been messed about with.

On receipt of the algae it will look white/pale like a stripped coral, however once settled under light the bright green film of flesh will appear.

The price is £15 per cutting, including postage and I have just 5 cuttings available.

Mother algae cuttings will come from

47ee808c7a823c3a2e1e61619fd0fd28.jpg

Closeup

a51a73a9ab189c917dc34bb9f40d83a0.jpg

Full tank shot showing mother plant in context

ee51693b4069ef385348a9729a0a5862.jpg

Many thanks

Adam

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Add one of these for me please :D
I already did :) I will get them out for ya with the other.

Hi Adam - could I take one of these please mate. Cheers.
Of course mate I'll send PM with payment details etc

Adam do you know of anything that will eat this?
I can’t get rid of the darn stuff

Adam do you know of anything that will eat this?
I can’t get rid of the darn stuff
You most likely have Halimeda incrassata if it is invasive and not this one which has larger plates. Cant help with what eats it butit should be posdi le to dig its holdfasts out.

You most likely have Halimeda incrassata if it is invasive and not this one which has larger plates. Cant help with what eats it butit should be posdi le to dig its holdfasts out.

It’s not Invasive but grows well, it looks exactly the same as above
Thank you and sorry to hijack

Anyone else after this algae? I will be posting on Tuesday. Still got 3 cuttings left.

Daily bump for postage on Tuesday.

Many thanks

Hi, im looking for some algea as i am setting up a refugium soon. Are you cutting both green and red? Im looking for a mix to get started.

Hi, im looking for some algea as i am setting up a refugium soon. Are you cutting both green and red? Im looking for a mix to get started.
I can do this.

I've just got some cuttings to take tonight for people who asked me last week. I'll pm what I have ready to cut and some prices once I've seen what state my plants are in after tonight's prune.

Are you looking for display algaes for looks or functionality or a bit of both?

The fuge is not on display, however i want to try a mixture for both looks & functionality when i do see it in the sump haha (bit silly) Im planning on letting the pods breed and grow in there for a scooter blenny

The fuge is not on display, however i want to try a mixture for both looks & functionality when i do see it in the sump haha (bit silly) Im planning on letting the pods breed and grow in there for a scooter blenny
Okies I'll be in touch tommorrow once I've taken check on my plants.

Back