• Before posting please review the Sale Rules here...

Halimeda opuntia macro algae (posted)

Esox

TOTM - October 2018
Help Team
Tank of the Month Winner
Feature of the Month Contributor
Limited cuttings again but I am going to cut back my main Halimeda plant and rest it for a few months so I am selling on the fresh stems.

This is a lovely little algae, vivid green.

Displaying really neat morphology in that its chloroplasts actually migrate when lights are out into its calceous skeleton causing it to go vivid white like it has stripped. The reason, it's only natural predator a little nudibrach is nocturnal, and this strange adaptation makes it hard for the slug to get to the plants chlorophyll.

I have 8 stems of this algae. They are all fresh growth and of a good size around 10cms.

The PRICE is £10 per stem including postage (£5 cheaper than I usually sell it, in the interest of moving it on so I can rest the 'plant's and a damn sight cheaper than what it cost me to get the original plant)

As always I will offer dead on arrival and guarantee and guarantee the plant for a week after you get it (subject to photos and it nit dying due to something stupid that I cant control, I.e being eaten or bad parameters)

The plant cuttings will come from

d8186c171de083864bb544de5284f7f3.jpg

4c8353148714d8b309967de446760116.jpg

06b4f2f624e1818ff443ff8e30846f6a.jpg

Example of a stem you will recieve to far right of the picture

924527efda5ab371b4c24b01973fde86.jpg

Full tank shot
8d71eb8efb7e7f7c2225e83a9e3080b5.jpg

Many thanks

Adam

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6 left up

Yes please, but can it wait till payday this Friday?! (13th).
Yes no worries just send me a PM I'll save you 1

All posted out upto here. Enjoy your algaes!

Still 5 left for sale.

Hi Adam. I've been reading up on Halimedas and note that some prefer to be placed on a rock & some prefer the sand. I can't quite tell from your photos if you have yours in the sand?

Seems that they grow quickly too!

Thanks!

Hi Adam. I've been reading up on Halimedas and note that some prefer to be placed on a rock & some prefer the sand. I can't quite tell from your photos if you have yours in the sand?

Seems that they grow quickly too!

Thanks!
This species grows on rockwork. It's a moderate grower but needs to settle first.

4 left

2 left

Received mine yesterday, packaged really well and settled in and coloured up already, cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back