Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
swannyson7-albums-wrasse-database-2-picture16884-sixline.jpg

SCIENTIFIC NAME - Pseudocheilinus hexataenia

COMMON NAME – Sixline Wrasse

SIZE - 3 in (8 cm)

MIN. AQUARIUM SIZE - 30 gal (113 L)

FOODS AND FEEDING - Should be fed a variety of high quality marine meaty foods. Will also eat other small crustaceans.

REEF COMPATIBILITY - Yes

CAPTIVE CARE – This is a semi-aggressive fish but does best with peaceful fish. Because of its semi-aggressive nature it should be added last to the tank. It requires a tank with lots of rockwork and hiding places. It will eat small invertebrates including pyramidellid snails, flatworms and bristleworms. Wrasses are known jumpers so the aquarium top should be covered.

BenjaminS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this guy's look but is there anyway to get him to be non agressive?

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for a year and a half before he went carpet surfing. Yea....I took my chances on an open top rimless but he did so well I thought nothing of it. Then, one day.....crispy on the floor when I came home from work.

ness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cryptic Sixline is a great alternative. Similar markings but not aggressive, I've seen pairs in small tanks too.

RBauer813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had nothing but success with these guys, only advice would to be not to mix them with extremely passive fish, EX: Blennies, Basslets, Chromis, Dartfish(firefish), or other similar shaped/size wrasse. Also another thing to note, Sixlines love to pick at the LR so they tend to do better in a well established tank.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a football shaped 6 line. Best way I've found to mitigate agression is putting a mirror on one end of the tank.

idareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my sixline is approx 8 years in my system, was small when I picked him up & now fat & robust, he has been a model fish other than spats with my target mandarin which nearly always wins the battles. This is some what of a misnomer, I have a 12 year plus 300 gal reef with old residents, all these are over 10 years, Naso, Powder Blue, Purple tang & hippo tang, plus a few other 7-8 old residents, no one for him to squabble with.

gidenski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One, and no other wrasses.

In this case I am lucky. I have a 6 line in with a leopard wrasse. It took about a week, but they each have found their rank in order and peace in the middle east has been achieved. (420 liter tank).

*crosses fingers* :crossedlips:

Giaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one, but I had to take the ultimate decision to remove him because he don't allow my dottyback to come out. and I suspect him for killing my yellow tang.

Choptrucks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the six line wrasses I've had jump out of the tank and I have nets from BRS on top of my tank so I gave up keeping them. But by far one of
My favorite fish and all of them I got really got along with everyone in the tank. Great fish, fun to watch!!!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 139 75.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.9%
Back