LOL to the price of porcelain crabs

Intricateart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha just did a little research into the price of porcelain crabs, and according to the few sites that sell them, we have between 1000 and 5000 bucks worth of them! Craziness. When you collect these things, you can find up to a hundred under a single rock. Forgive the quality of the pics, these buggers aren't that big and like to hide.

100_1083.jpg
100_1079.jpg
100_1060.jpg

OP
OP
Intricateart

Intricateart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Thats a porcelain anemone crab, slightly different from the ones I was referring to. We have a different variety of those, which are symbiotic with nems that are themselves symbiotic with hermit crabs. I was pricing based on the 6 to 20 dollar prices I've seen. We have about 150 of them! LOL they are just so funny and the most reef compatible crabs I've ever heard of. Here is a pic of our porcelain anemones-
100_1167.jpg

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool to able collect livestock of your own, wish that I had brought a bunch back from Hawaii last trip. They are thick under and around Basalt rocks off many of the beaches. Generically listed as Red Porcelain Crabs, actual Petrolisthes coccineus and as you stated probably the safest of all Crabs for a Reeftank.

Cheers, Todd

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 6.7%
Back