ID please. Worm & help.

Arrecife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dealing with this worms for a while now in my 90 gallon mix reef tank. I have them in all sizes (in sand and rocks). I have controlled the problem to a 70 percent I would say by removing manually with a pump feeder but some are just impossible to get and they reproduce fast.The problem with them is they bother all other coral with their tentacles and are very messy. See pic. What are they? Any natural predator ? Method of killing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

IMG-20200410-WA0003~2.jpg IMG-20200408-WA0012.jpg IMG-20200408-WA0014.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Spagetti worm. They feed on detrious and considered a CUC member by many and grow to 5"

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know CBB will eat them, I'm sure there are others. Wrasses probably.

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spaghetti worms are any worms that belong to the family Terebellidae but Loimia Medusa is not the one pictured in the OP. When people say medusa worm they usually mean the cucumber.
Thanks for the info! Thought it was the Loimia Medusa in the pic

OP
OP
Arrecife

Arrecife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much everyone for the support and answers. I have about 15 of these worms established on my Zoas garden. In the Zoas plugs. To the point that some wont open at all because they are overwhelm and covered with the worms tentacles. Can you suggest any removal methods besides CBB. They are hard to kill. Thanks guys

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much everyone for the support and answers. I have about 15 of these worms established on my Zoas garden. In the Zoas plugs. To the point that some wont open at all because they are overwhelm and covered with the worms tentacles. Can you suggest any removal methods besides CBB. They are hard to kill. Thanks guys
I've personally never had an issue with these guys but I'll give the #reefsquad a tag. I bet someone will have some better methods for you.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back