OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun fact… a dottyback Manonichthys jamali mimics that chromis in the wild.

2-Figure3-1.png
So they can collect their social security....

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these like other chromis that will go ‘Hunger Games’ and kill each off until only one remains?
None of my Chromis have ever done that in captivity. I currently have Chromis viridis and Acanthochromis polyacanthus, and have kept Chromis iomelas, Chromis bicolor, Chromis cyanea, Chromis vanderbilti, and Chromis retrofasciata in the past. None have ever gone beyond a little chasing or nipping without any harm being done unless if I keep up with frequent feeding of the tank. Feeding 3+ times per day (I try to feed 5+ most days, and my current tank is always fed at least 4x daily) has been key to me keeping lots of planktivores happy without fights. Done the same with anthias in the past. It also helps cut down on aggression towards dartfish, grammas and other basslets, tilefish, cardinalfish, and other zooplankton feeders.

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urocaridella Degravei?
Not a fish, but it schools and it's yellow. It's a type of communal cleaner shrimp that sometimes hosts LPS corals and hovers in shoals in the current waiting for clients and eating plankton. They are tiny at only about an inch so they will be food for lots of fish. Also they are hard to get but I hope to be captive breeding them soon if I can find some specimens.

1647078925756.png

I can't find a great pic of them schooling but here is a video of them hovering over a torch and cleaning an arm:

Many people have holy grail fishes... Me I have a holy grail shrimp.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could do a hybrid and order Biota's Forktail Blenny. You get a bit of Goth with their heavy eye liner, grey, and splash of yellow. Always out in the open and will group up when added at the same time.

Edit: added Biota pick:
1647102812272.png

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urocaridella Degravei?
Not a fish, but it schools and it's yellow. It's a type of communal cleaner shrimp that sometimes hosts LPS corals and hovers in shoals in the current waiting for clients and eating plankton. They are tiny at only about an inch so they will be food for lots of fish. Also they are hard to get but I hope to be captive breeding them soon if I can find some specimens.

1647078925756.png

I can't find a great pic of them schooling but here is a video of them hovering over a torch and cleaning an arm:

Many people have holy grail fishes... Me I have a holy grail shrimp.

Very cool!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back