acropora Abrotanoides

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not commonly kept. Requires very high light and high flow. Most ppl loose it little by little. Use to come in from Indo, don’t see much other than red ones from Aussie that come for a bit and stop.

OP
OP
G

greekspec2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not commonly kept. Requires very high light and high flow. Most ppl loose it little by little. Use to come in from Indo, don’t see much other than red ones from Aussie that come for a bit and stop.
gotcha I burn plenty of halide/T5 so just looking for some good specimen

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only one I gots is BC Bleeding tree. Nice green body, deep green polyps and light lavender growth tips. At least I think it’s an abro...

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC bleeding tree has a pink/red body and is easy enough to keep.
Yeah, mine is nearing a year now. It was that they used to be difficult to keep so I’ve read. This is my first go at it, and doesn’t seem to be slowing down.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only one I gots is BC Bleeding tree. Nice green body, deep green polyps and light lavender growth tips. At least I think it’s an abro...
+1 The BC Bleeding Tree is the only Albrohosensis could ever keep alive.

Last edited:

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a few do ok for a while. Problem is they encrust forever. I lost mine from a tank move though. I got the bleeding tree this time.
I think the main thing is to give them a ton of light. I didn’t have luck until I did this, and good flow is a must.
I am not sure of any red abros though. Jose do you mean red/pink tip with green body? Really it’s either that or green that I have ever seen. Anything else would be extreemly rare ime.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Bleeding Tree is an A. Abrolhensis not Abrotanoides

Here's mine
BC Bleeding Tree Abrolhensis.jpg
BC Bleeding Tree Abrolhensis 2 resize.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think bleeding tree is aborohensis, as the radial corallite shape is different, its not as narrow as most the examples of BT I have seen.

I think its a abortanoides or robusta.
Thanks for the info. After looking at some pics, I agree. I was going off of what Adam calls it.

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He also misspells it. :)
8E3172FF-01CA-413D-9857-712F5D4073C3.jpeg

“albro” vs abro or abrol
Haha yeah that one always stuck out to me on his site as you correctly state there is no 'albro' acropora species at all. It's A. abrotanoides/robusta for his bleeding tree example. And it's A. abrolhosensis for the long twisting branch stag with often shaggy army green polyps and deeper purpleish axial growth tips that used to come in more as a mariculture before the Indo fiasco.

And to the OP- I do grow some in socal. It's a stable decent size piece, but not branching much at all currently so idk when I would have frags available yet.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Bleeding Tree is an A. Abrolhensis not Abrotanoides

Here's mine
BC Bleeding Tree Abrolhensis.jpg
BC Bleeding Tree Abrolhensis 2 resize.jpg
I know the feeling. i was out for a while too and am currently dosing Nitrates! back in the day putting nitrates in your tank was a one way ticket to the loony bin!

Im just starting to get the hang of LPS and up until now, preferred them, but wow this guy is changing my mind a little! Absolutely beautiful.

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have a huge colonly size of a football grown from frag for 4 years until my tank crashed from a transfer. i rarely see anyone who can successfully keep them and retain its color. One of my favorite acro among all. once it established the base, they can be a really fast grower. It has a really nasty sting tho, kill everything in its path.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 46 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 160 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back