SaltCritters.com

Geometric Pygmy Hawk

Bill Nye

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this fish. What kind of personality do they have and what is the minimum tank size recommended for these guys. They are pretty cool looking and you dont see them alot. Thanks for any input.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this fish. What kind of personality do they have and what is the minimum tank size recommended for these guys. They are pretty cool looking and you dont see them alot. Thanks for any input.

They are very cute little fish! :) Cool personality, they stay pretty small, like 2". They eat zooplankton in the wild, but will accept meaty & pellet food in captivity :)

They technically aren't hawkfish, but still like to perch on rocks like hawkfish. I wouldn't mix them with any gobies or blennies.

I think a 20gal would be good, maybe even a 10gal

ah ok still too big for my tank. I am currently thinking about adding a fish to my 5.5 g tank. I know I want something that is somewhat rare and wont bother my clam/sps.

ah ok still too big for my tank. I am currently thinking about adding a fish to my 5.5 g tank. I know I want something that is somewhat rare and wont bother my clam/sps.

Oh ok hmmm do you like gobies or blennies?

Oh ok hmmm do you like gobies or blennies?

I like gobies and tailspot blennies. I was thinking about maybe a green banded but want something you dont see.

I like gobies and tailspot blennies. I was thinking about maybe a green banded but want something you dont see.

Clown gobies are always nice, although the green and yellow ones are pretty common, what about a black clown goby? Or maybe a citron goby?

Also, maybe an Eviota goby, panda goby, or a trimma goby

Clown gobies are out as I hear they can eat/nip sps. They are really cool but I dont want to risk it. I was thinking about a trimma or eviota but I never see them locally. Do you think a tailspot blenny will be too big for my tank? My lfs had a bunch of small ones a couple months ago but I passed because I thought my tank was too small. I will check out Bryaninops genus to see what I find. Thanks for the ideas.

edit

Wow Bryaninops genus are pretty unusual looking. I couldnt find anywhere to buy one though. I want a

Bryaninops natans for real.

Not all Bryaninops species do. Bryaninops natans has to have SPS while Bryaninops yongei has to have whip coral gorgs.

Cool :D

I learned something new today! :P

Ya they are really sweet too bad you dont see alot of them. I saw a youtube video of someone with a small school of them. It looks like they hover instead of perch. Do they do better in small groups or will they be ok alone? Theres really not alot of info on them so anything you can add would be great.

animalmaster6

I believed they can be alone but I highly recommend groups. Would be cooler for you and the fish.

They are apparently the Cardinal Tetras of reefs. If only they were as common <_<

I have a giant pic of a Lubricogobius as my background on my computer. Seriously a nice fish. Never heard of them in the trade.

Yea, never heard of them before today lol

They remind me of skunk clowns, but in goby form :lol:

Archived