My Roaches

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Some new roaches from @wizentrop! :D

Panchlora sp. "Speckled":
Males

Female

Female and male (female on the left, male on the right)

Gyna centurio:
Male nymph

Female nymph

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Those Panchlora sp. "Speckled" are gorgeous! :astonished: I hope you have success with them!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Those Panchlora sp. "Speckled" are gorgeous! :astonished: I hope you have success with them!
Thanks, really hoping they'll do well for me, apparently they are very prolific and hardy, so I don't think I should run into any problems.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Arenivaga sp. "Algodones Dunes" (Likely A.darwini):
Male nymph (unfortunately all I have are two males)

Arenivaga sp. "Dell City":
Nymphs and females

Lucihormetica subcincta:
Male

Female

Pair

Lucihormetica grossei:
Male

Female

Male L.grossei and male L.subcincta comparison:

Eurycotis improcera:
Nymphs

Deropeltis sp. "Jinka":
Nymph

Panchlora sp. "Costa Rica Yellow"
Nymph

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Drymaplaneta semivitta:
Freshly molted nymph

Gyna centurio:
Adult male

Paranauphoeta discoidalis:
Mixed

Lucihormetica grossei:
Female

Male

Pseudomops septentrionalis:
Female

Female

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Latiblattella lucifrons:
Adult female

Eurycotis lixa:
Small nymph

Gyna caffrorum:
Adult female

Freshly molted adult male

Ischnoptera deropeltiformis "Ruby Red"
Nymphs

Drymaplaneta semivitta:
Nymphs

Lucihormetica grossei:
Adult male

Gyna centurio:
Adult female

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Balta notulata:
Nymph

Arenivaga cf. genitalis:
Nymph

Nymphs! :D

Compsodes schwarzi:
Oothecae

Adult female (or at least I think it's an adult female...)

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A most glorious thread @Hisserdude However I must raise my voice in dissention!

Not ONE Periplaneta species, I cannot handle the discrimination. Do recty that situation please.

Tleilaxu, your roach internet buddy...

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
A most glorious thread @Hisserdude However I must raise my voice in dissention!

Not ONE Periplaneta species, I cannot handle the discrimination. Do recty that situation please.

Tleilaxu, your roach internet buddy...
Thanks man! :D

My mom draws the line at pest species, including Periplaneta, even though they'd never survive here where I live. The closest I can get to them looks wise is Dorylaea orini, which look very similar to some Periplaneta as adults, but I failed at breeding those... :(

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks man! :D

My mom draws the line at pest species, including Periplaneta, even though they'd never survive here where I live. The closest I can get to them looks wise is Dorylaea orini, which look very similar to some Periplaneta as adults, but I failed at breeding those... :(
I shouldn't be saying this buuuuut, get some Periplaneta anericanus, and simply say they are Palmetto bugs, it's just like passing a German Shepherd, off as an "Alsatian" My favorite(When I was a lad) was calling a big roach I caught a "Florida Palm beetle" lol

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I shouldn't be saying this buuuuut, get some Periplaneta anericanus, and simply say they are Palmetto bugs, it's just like passing a German Shepherd, off as an "Alsatian" My favorite(When I was a lad) was calling a big roach I caught a "Florida Palm beetle" lol
We lived in FL for several years... She KNOWS very well what P.americana looks like LMAO! :p Even if she let me keep them though, I'm trying to stay away from super prolific species ATM, since I don't have much to feed them to right now, (just got some Pystalla today though...), and Periplaneta is pretty prolific.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We lived in FL for several years... She KNOWS very well what P.americana looks like LMAO! :p Even if she let me keep them though, I'm trying to stay away from super prolific species ATM, since I don't have much to feed them to right now, (just got some Pystalla today though...), and Periplaneta is pretty prolific.
Fine periplaneta australasiae then! :p

#PeriplanetaForHisserDude

IMG_20170613_233850.jpg

Now that I know this, I expect a Pystalla thread and updates now, and it has to be the same quality as this one.

Also a quick not on periplaneta, while they maybe prolific in the long run, population growth is slightly slower in start ups because they are slightly cannibalistic.

So do it, pitch to your mom that Periplaneta australasiae is not as prolific and often pushed out by other "pest roaches".

And crap I just realized I've been calling American roaches the wrong thing. LOL

Last edited:

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Fine periplaneta australasiae then! :p

#PeriplanetaForHisserDude

View attachment 243389

Also a quick not on periplaneta, while they maybe prolific in the long run, population growth is slightly slower in start ups because they are slightly cannibalistic.

So do it, pitch to your mom that Periplaneta australasiae is not as prolific and often pushed out by other "pest roaches".

And crap I just realized I've been calling American roaches the wrong thing. LOL
They almost look the same lol! :p Besides, while I do love how Periplaneta look, I'm just not that interested in keeping them. :)

The one exception is P.japonica, they look very sleek and pretty, would consider keeping those one day....

Now that I know this, I expect a Pystalla thread and updates now, and it has to be the same quality as this one.
Do show the Psytalla!
Don't worry, I'll definitely make a thread for my Pystalla, both here and on the Allpet Roaches Forum. ;)

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heart broken. :( How could one so open minded, ruthlessly shut the door on a unique genus of roaches? Especially when they are so easily housed and cared for.

#RoachRacist #GuiltTrip
:p

K I'm done now.

Last edited:

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Heart broken. :( How could one so open minded, ruthlessly shut the door on a unique genus of roaches? Especially when they are so easily housed and cared for.

#RoachRacist #GuiltTrip
:p

K I'm done now.
When one has as little space as I do, you learn to get a little picky about the species let into your collection! :p Apparently, from what I've read, once they get going, they'll quickly outgrow, say, a gallon sized container, (which is what I'm using for most of my roaches), and I'm really trying to keep species that won't outgrow such enclosures quickly, or at least if I do get such species, I'm trying to get ones that I can sell off easily to cull them off, and there isn't a huge market for Periplaneta.

Maybe once I move and have more room, I'll consider getting some Periplaneta, but for now, I think I'll pass, (just like I'm passing on keeping most feeder species).

#PeriplantaLivesMatter ;)
Not you too LMAO! :happy: